ACPSEM collaborates with various national and international bodies including;
- International Federation of Sports Physical Therapists(IFSPT)
- World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT)
- British Olympic Association (BOA)
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine (BASEM),
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES)
- National Governing Bodies of Olympic and professional sports
ACPSEM has collaborated with the BOA and UK Sport to produce a national education framework that is appropriate for the range of the membership. The framework allows the member a graduated pathway for career development as a Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist. To facilitate this pathway specialised courses and a mentoring network have been developed.
Collaboration with the IFSP on a European Union Leonardo Da Vinci Funded Project resulted in the development of Sports Physiotherapy Competencies. These have been adopted worldwide as a Gold Standard for Sports Physiotherapy of which our Gold CPD is recognised.
Other areas of involvement include;
- the development of various MSc courses in the UK
- modifying the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’s ‘Standards of Physiotherapy Practice in Sports Medicine’ so that they apply more specifically to working in the sporting environment.
- development of clinical guidelines for the early management of soft tissue injuries followign an extensive review of the literature
To view the Constitution click here