Silver Level Requirements
What are the requirements for Silver Level on the CPD Pathway?
- A structured sports physio CPD plan
- 100 hours shadowing experience
- 300 hours of independent sports physio experience
- At least 4 years post-graduate full-time work
- Sports trauma course
- Evidence of CPD in traditional taping, massage and functional rehab
- At least 8 course reflections covering key sports physio skills
- At least 6 critical incident reflections covering a range of IFSP competencies
It is expected to take approximately 4 years to acquire both the affective and cognitive skills required at Level 2, however, this will vary from person to person.
Affective and cognitive skills have been defined in the CSP policy statement on CPD (2000). This level of professional development should be considered as the NHS equivalent of a Senior 2 practitioner.
Which First Aid / Sport Trauma courses are recognised as being suitable for Silver and Gold applications?
See full list here
Once a year the educational committee reviews other such courses on the market and this list is updated as appropriate with any newly recognised Sports Trauma management courses.
Where can I read more about IFSP competencies & CPD Levels?
Click one of the following links for full details about each CPD level & standards.
- IFSP Competency & Standards document PT Competencies & Standards (2.9 Mb)
- Certificated physios in sport Member Level 1/ Bronze Guidelines Bronze Guidelines (84 Kb)
- Certificated physios in sport Member Level 2 / Silver Guidelines Silver Guidelines (85 Kb)
- Accredited physios in sport Member Level 3 / Gold Guidelines Gold Guidelines (93 Kb)
- Guidelines for completing the 'M' Level part of the application form goldmlevelexample.pdf (19 Kb)